Yesterday we had our second annual pilgrimage to Ogden. For the second year Mark was invited to play in the state UMTA Honors Recital. Last year we tried to go up early to go to the Hill Air Force Base Museum. It just so happened that the day before, they were practicing bombing runs just outside of the museum and one of the jets had to release one of its bombs that implanted itself 12 feet into the ground. They closed the museum so they could detonate the bomb. We ended up going to the Roy Historical Museum instead. It is a crazy little museum right by the HAFB museum that has some Utah historical artifacts along with some crazy stuff like Donny and Marie dolls, Russian army uniforms, butterflys and decorative eggs.
Anyway, this year we were successful in going to the HAFB museum. We also went next door to the Roy Historical Museum for nostalgia's sake.
Here are some pictures from the HAFB museum. We didn't get any at the RHM.
 |
| Ryan and Joesph under a big cargo jet |
 |
| Joseph, Ryan and Lauren by wheels of big cargo jet |
 |
| Not sure why we picked a Cessna for this picture, but it turned out well |
 |
| Derek, Ryan and Joseph by a missle |
 |
| Mark hand starting the propeller |
 |
| Lauren didn't know I was taking this picture until too late |
 |
| Ryan and Joseph by a fighter |
 |
| Commander Ryan ready for his shuttle misison |
 |
| A very happy Commander Joseph ready for his mission |
 |
| Two brave fighter pilots in the cockpit |
Mark's piano recital was at Weber State University in Ogden. He played Ballade in G Minor, Op. 23 by Frederic Chopin. I mistakenly had the camera on photo mode rather than video mode, so I took a picture of the first note rather than recording it. Brilliant! I did record everything but the first note. I have imbedded the video below.
Please be aware that this is nearly a nine-minute piece. Also due to the outstanding microphone on our camera, Mark says it sounds like the glockenspiel version of the song (i.e. music box rather than grand piano.) He played very well.
Mark Honors Recital Chopin from
Derek Lindsey on
Vimeo.
After the recital, we headed to Sweet Tomatoes for dinner. It was a really fun day.
7 comments:
Go Mark!
Go Donny and Marie dolls!
Mark,
Grandma and I just watched your recital piece. She wanted to know how that great pianist could ever be related to us. Yeah! You are right about the glockenspiel effect. Wish we could have been there in person. And we like the pics of the HAFB museum. You all were kinda dwarfed in the first picture.
mark, you never cease to amaze me!! awesome job! i especially like at the end with the really fast playing! love all the pics of the kids... and is lauren wearing make up?? so pretty! looks like joe is about as tall as ryan! :)
Good form Mark, good form!!! Beautiful music! Aaron's brother in law (I guess he's my B-i-L too) works at HAFB, but we have never visited it yet! Looks like a good time. Thanks for sharing....
Love the music Mark! I even thought it sounded good on the computer speaker....musta been awesome in real life. Keep up the good work.
Mark, we all LOVED your recital piece. It sounded so awesome, I can't imagine how much better it was in person. Thanks for sharing that Dee. Glad you got to see HAFB. We'd like to see it sometime.
Amazing talent is all I can say! Incredible! And totally memorized! WOW! Great job Mark!
Post a Comment