Wow, what a week!
We had a couple of events pending. The grandparents were going to be here, so we decided to cram as many important events into the same week as we could.
Ryan turned 8 years old on Sunday 11/27. He had a party with friends on Saturday (complete with pinata, pin the fly on the chameleon's tongue and freeze dancing) and a family party on Sunday.
 |
| I love the look of pure happiness at the sight of Legos |
 |
| Cute boy with his birthday apple pie |
Since Ryan turned eight years old, that means it was time to get baptized! Grandpa and Grandma Lindsey came to town on Monday and Grandpa and Grandma Sorenson came to town on Thursday. (You would have thought the sets of grandparents were the oldest and dearest friends with the amount of conversation flowing between them. It was fun.)
The baptism went great! Grandpa Sorenson gave a talk on baptism and Grandma Lindsey gave a talk on the Holy Ghost. I ran into Quentin L. Cook in the bathroom after we changed our clothes. We are proud of you, Ryan!
 |
| Derek and Ryan getting ready for the baptism |
 |
| Ryan with Grandma and Grandpa Sorenson |
 |
| The whole group after the baptism |
 |
| Ryan's new baptism scriptures |
We had a lunch at our house after the baptism. We had four kinds of soups, salad and rolls. It was delicious. Because of a scheduling change with the baptism, we had to scarf down the food and head to the church for Mark's Eagle Court of Honor. He finally finished! We had a very non-traditional Eagle Court of Honor. We didn't do the typical scouting things you might expect. Grandpa Sorenson talked about scouting (pulling double duty with his baptism talk as well.)
Mark played a Mozart's Sonata in D on the piano. Before he played, he said, "This is something that you've probably never heard at a court of honor." He was probably right. You can see the the video of him playing by clicking
here.
Marsha and I both did a little Mark tribute (i.e. embarassment) and Grandpa Lindsey presented Mark with the Eagle award.
 |
| Grandpa L. presenting the Eagle award |
 |
| Mom and Dad with the newly minted Eagle Scout |
Great job, Mark. We are proud of you!
Lest you think that the fun was over at that point, we were just getting started. Since Grandpa Lindsey was called as a Patriarch, he is able to give Patriarchal Blessings to his grandkids. We figured that this would be the perfect time for that to happen. Sunday after church was the selected time. It is a pretty awesome experience to listen to your child receive a Patriarchal Blessing (own personal scripture) and even more incredible to have grandpa give it.
 |
| Mark and Grandpa L. just before the blessing |
Both Grandpa and Grandma Sorenson and Grandpa and Grandma Lindsey were going to leave on Monday, but both changed their flights to be able to attend Lauren's piano recital on Monday night. It was a Christmas recital. Lauren played "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch" from "How the Grinch Stole Christmas." It was a really fun version of it and she did really well. Unfortunately, my camera malfunctioned and I was not able to get a video of the performance. Hopefully I can get one from grandpa to share at some point.
After the recital, we went to dinner at Chili's (should be called Salty's) We had a fun time and Ryan and Joe demolished a Chocolate Lava Cake like piranhas on a cow.
 |
| Eating at Chili's |
In addition to the above, we also attended a live Nativity in Alpine that was really nice. We had several dinners together with Sorensons, Lindseys, Lindseys and Ogborns. Lauren also found riddle buddies in her grandpas. It was super cute to see her sitting there chatting with her grandpas.
We are glad our parents could come and visit. We had a great time with them.
8 comments:
Wow, talk about packing it all in! That is just great that you could do it all while grandparents were there. It makes it so special. We are so proud of you Lindsey family in all of your accomplishments. Rock on!
Aunt Suzie
Indeed, it was great fun to be with all the family and extended family there. We loved or time in Utah. Well, maybe everything but the cold weather. Are we California pansies or what!?
Oops! Our previous comment should say "...loved OUR time..."
What a GREAT week. Wish we could have been there to share in the festivities. Laughing about your running into Elder Cook in the bathroom--memorable I'm sure. I saw Deardens in the pics. too. FUN!!! Congrats to Ryan and Mark and hope to hear Lauren's song soon!
Holy Cow, you guys are gonna be all worn out for Christmas! But congratulations for all the happenings!! That is so great, I wish I could have been there. I'll just be a proud aunt. Also, just for the record, I know how Ryan and Joe feel about the Lava Cake. I scarf them down too. They are my absolute favorite! Oh, and Marsh, I love the yellow. Beautiful!
Omgoodness! NON stop partying! Congrats to all on such wonderful accomplishments and decisions! Can't wait for dad to give my kids their blessings! Proud of my nieces and nephews.
I love the imagery about the lava cake: "like piranhas on a cow". That was very great.
Sounds like a wonderful set of events. Wish we could have been there.
Ryan is such a handsome boy! Sounds like a busy week...congratulations on all your accomplishments! Did you chat with Elder Cook in the bathroom? Miranda calls him Elder Cooker. I didn't recognize Jay until I saw Grant and Sharon in the picture too.
Post a Comment