We wondered if the recital would actually happen since we had an attack of stomach flu the days leading up to the recital. Most of us were over it by showtime, but it was touch and go for a while.
Lauren made the programs for the recital
| Mark warming up before the recital |
| Mark playing Brahms at the recital |
Mark talked a little bit to start the recital. He played three songs, took a little break and then played the final three songs. He talked briefly before each song. I have added some of his interesting comments. They are direct quotes, so they are in the first person. Click on the links below and press play on the Vimeo site to watch the videos.
Debussy Arabesque No. 1 (4:05 - Missed the first few seconds of the piece)
"From this point on all of the pieces I'm playing are generally in chronological order. I'm starting with Beethoven. He lived during the 1700s and 1800s"
Beethoven Sonata Op. 10 No. 1 in C Minor (5:16)
"The next piece is Chopin's Ballade No. 1 in G Minor. This is one of the hardest pieces I've learned to date and it's the longest one in the recital."
Chopin Ballade No. 1 in G Minor (8:54)
"Now we're going to take a short break, for my sake mostly."
"An Intermezzo is a lullaby"
Brahms Intermzzo Op. 117 No. 1 in E-Flat (4:16 - Missed the first few seconds of this piece)
"As we get nearer to the present, the composers start to get a little... weirder. It's less regular harmonies than we are used to, so these last two pieces are kind of an acquired taste. This next piece is the most contemporary piece I'm going to be playing."
Ginastera Danza de la Moza Denosa (3:19)
"Yes it's supposed to end like that."
"This last piece is another one of my favorite pieces and hard pieces. It's also really long. It has a lot of different themes so don't applaud until you're sure its over because it sounds like it's over a few times."
Prokofiev Sonata No. 3 in A Minor (7:48)
He got a standing ovation when he was done.
He did awesome. We are proud of him.

8 comments:
Mark... Tonight Grandma and I listened to all your pieces from the recital on our high quality sound system which watching on our not so high-quality TV. It wasn't quite the same as being there but we're glad there was video to go with it. Thanks for going to all the effort to play and getting the video produced for us to watch. We're looking forward to seeing you in early December.
Nice program sheet too Lauren. We loved it
Talent abounds in the Lindsey family!!! Mark, the music was beautiful. Were you more nervous to play or speak in front of all those people--haha! Laruen, the program was great! Did you draw that piano? WOW!
Mark I love to listen to you play, thanks for sharing your talents. And Lauren, until Kris pointed it out I thought the picture on the bottom of the program was clip art. Nice job Lindseys!!
A-mazing! I was impressed that most of it was memorized!
Just for clarifiction: the piano on the program is clip art. Lauren did the design and layout.
Awesome job Mark! In some of the pieces I was laughing because I couldn't believe how fast you could move your fingers. Do you have any future plans for your talent?
Collin is actually Michael: )
Post a Comment