We went to Disneyland! It had been 8 years since we had been. We were expecting Ryan the last time we went. We went with our friends, the Warrens. We decided to go right after school got out because the California schools were still in session and we thought the crowds would be smaller.
 |
| At the entrance of Disneyland on the first day |
We drove down on Saturday. We stayed in the Desert Palms hotel which is on the same block as Disneyland on the south side.
We went to the church Sunday morning in the "Disneyland ward." We then went to Uncle Dennis' house for a waffle breakfast. It was great to see Dennis and Susan again. Andy and his family came as well. Dennis and I discovered a mutual enthusiasm for bicycling. We even have the same model bike, but mine is a bit older.
After Dennis' house, we headed down to New Port Beach. We LOVE the beach. We wish we could go more often.
 |
| Mark, Lauren, Melissa and Steven at New Port Beach |
 |
| Joe, Arianna and Sam at New Port Beach |
Some of our favorite rides at Disneyland were:
The Matterhorn, Ryan and Joseph's favorite (I was reminded of the story of going to Disneyland when I was 5. I refused to get on the matterhorn, so mom and dad had the people behind us in line watch me while they went. Could you imagine that happening today?)
 |
| Mark and Lauren on the Matterhorn |
 |
| Ryan and Joseph just after riding the Matterhorn |
Splash Mountain, Derek's favorite
 |
| Lauren and Marsha riding Splash Mountain |
 |
| Marsha, Joe, Lauren, Derek and Mark on Splash Mountain |
Space Mountain, Mark and Lauren's favorite
 |
| Lauren and Mark excited to ride Space Mountain |
Star Tours, Marsha's favorite. This ride was newly refurbished with new scenarios and in 3D. It was really fun. For those familiar with fast passes, we would get a fast pass at around 9:00 AM with a return time of around 6:00 PM. The fast passes for the day were gone by 9:30. The standby line for the ride was as long as 210 minutes (3.5 hours)
 |
| Derek, Lauren, Marsha and Mark prepare to board Star Tours. Love the lightning flashing from Marsha's eyes |
 |
| C3PO welcomes us to Star Tours |
 |
| Ryan and Joseph shot the wad on a dual-bladed light saber |
Other fun rides:
The Go Coaster in Toon Town (Joseph loved this one)
 |
| Joseph on the Go Coaster |
We also went on Soarin' Over California and Grizzly Rapids in California adventure. Mark and I went on the California Screamin' roller coaster. I thought this picture on the Roger Rabbit ride was pretty funny:
 |
| Joe, Lauren and Marsha try not to crash on Roger Rabbit |
Lauren took some fun pictures that she wanted to add to the blog as well:
 |
| Joseph and Derek on Autopia |
 |
| Joseph holding a sucker |
 |
| Derek looking comtemplative while watching Chip and Dale |
 |
| How cute is that face? |
We met Marsha's cousin, Adam, in Downtown Disney for lunch one day. It was fun to see him.
A good time was had by all. The kids are asking when we can go again. Lindsey reunion in 2013 anyone?
6 comments:
Looks like lots of fun!!! Haven't been there in 16 years...
How fun!!! I have been trying to talk Aaron into going for years. He has no interest in it, but I like your reunion idea!!! I love the one of Derek contemplating! HAHAHA.
Yay! You got me all excited for our trip in July (except for the crowds)! I've always said one of the best inventions on earth was the fast pass. Of course pretty soon we'll be waiting 2 hours in the fast pass line :D. I love the contemplative photo too! Ha! And, from the picture, I can tell Splash Mountain was your favorite. (it's my favorite too!)
"The Happiest Place on Earth" I used to like Star Tours a lot but I haven't been in so long it may have changed. Karen, Shan, Mom and I went for the New Year's celebration at the end of 1998. The closer it got to midnight the more crowded it became. All you could do was stand there and the crowd would carry you wherever it was moving at the time. The fireworks were spectacular. Haven't been since.
I am so jealous! I love Disneyland but swore I wouldn't go there again until our youngest is at least 4. Guess I got 3 years to go!
So glad you guys had fun. Love the pictures.
disney is so much fun! thanks for posting all the pics!
Post a Comment