If you are ever feeling lonely and like you don't have any friends, I have the perfect remedy for you. Here's what you do:
- Go to the Home Depot
- Pick up a plastic owl
- Carry it around the store for a few minutes
You will have more people talk to you in those few minutes than you would ever need. People who haven't spoken to another human being in years will feel the need to talk to you about how an owl worked in keeping the doves out of their mother's barn when nothing else would work. People will ask you if you have problems with woodpeckers. People will offer advice on how to place the owl just right so that it will work.
I bought an owl to try to keep the robins from eating our cherries. The owl didn't work, but I now have about five new friends that I talked to between picking up the owl and walking to the checkout stand. And yes, all of the above were things people talked to me about in the store.
Here is a picture of the owl.
4 comments:
Bahahaha! I can't stop laughing!
I'm with Stefani. Couldn't stop laughing at this! Totally could see my dad being one of those that stopped and told you his story! Or the story from my SS class back when I was in HS and the birds kept killing themselves on the glass windows at our church. They had us make paper birds to hang all over the windows. Don't think that will work for your cherries though. Hope they don't get too many of them!
You have probably noticed there lots of things in this world that don't work but are supposed to. How about the slicer-dicer-juicer-blender for one?
hahahahaha.... we bought an owl once for our garden... further details upon request!! :)
Post a Comment