Ryan loves to work. He loves to find out how things work. He loves to build things. One of his favorite activities is shoveling mink manure and spreading it on the garden. I came home from the store today and he was scraping paint off our back door frame. (It needs to be repainted, so he was OK to be doing it.) He loves to ask how things work or how they were made. If I don't know the answer, he makes up a story about how it works. (Sometimes the stories are pretty funny.) I took Mark and Ryan to the driving range yesterday. Ryan was intrigued by the tees. He turned it around and around in his hand. Finally he said, "Wow, how do they make these?"
Ryan also loves to build things. He likes legos, blocks, anything you can put together. If it involves tools he likes it even better. These pictures show some of his creations. The first is a tower built out of blocks. The second is a structure made out of toothpicks and mini-marshmallows. He had been bugging Marsha to let him build something. Finally she got out the toothpicks and mini-marshmallows. He was intently involved in building the structure for an hour or two. He built the whole thing by himself without any help.
1 comment:
I see an engineer in the making here... trying to figure out how things work and then being creative enough to build complex structures on your own. Good work Ryan. G&G Lindsey
Post a Comment