Without further ado, here is a video of him reading his call (not sure why the picture shows up as a test pattern, but you should still be able to play it.)
Mark's Mission Call from Derek Lindsey on Vimeo.
I love the part where he sees where he is going before he gets to it and starts smiling.
He had about 20 friends over for it. That's who you can hear cheering in the background. The group of friends is pictured here. Three of them have their calls and are leaving in the next couple of months. Mark and three others got their calls yesterday. The others who got their calls on the 16th are going to Thailand, Washington (not sure which mission) Spanish speaking and Alabama.
Here is the excited family with Mark holding his call. Not sure what Joe is doing, but it's pretty funny.
| Mark with G&G Sorenson |
Mark is so much more prepared than I was when I got my call and I'm not just talking about his language. His language studies will be a huge head start for him.
Here are the details again.
Mission: Taiwan Taichung
Language: Mandarin Chinese
Enters MTC: May 29th
His farewell will probably be Sunday May 26th or possibly the week before on May 19th. We would love to have any of you come who can.
4 comments:
So fun to see the actual opening of the call. So excited for you all! We would love to be to the farewell. Keep us posted on the date and we will see if we can make it. BTW Ryan and Joe are looking way too grown up!
Mark you are going to be the cutest missionary ever! We are so excited for you and your awesomeness!
Lookin so handsome Mark! So fun to watch you open the call! Congrats to the newborn missionary!
Yes...I love his smile when he gets to where he is going. My little Markie!
Post a Comment