| Our little graduate |
Several people asked us if the graduation was emotional for us. Mark has always had high aspirations, so the graduation was a foregone conclusion. It was not an emotional experience, but it was a nice recognition.
Here are some of Mark's HS accomplishments:
- Knowledge Bowl team member in 9th grade (1st place finish)
- Tennis team 4 years
- Sterling Scholar in science
- 4.0 grade point average for all four years of school
- Top 20 in his graduating class (they didn't publish the order)
- Scholarships to BYU, BYU-I, Utah State, U of U (going to BYU in the fall)
- Voted most likely to create the next wonder of the world
- 11 AP classes (and tests) including seven his senior year
- Orchestra grades 9-11 (a couple of stints as concert master)
- Marching band 11th grade
- Symphonic band (trombone) 10th grade
- Jazz band (piano) 12th grade
![]() |
| One of Mark's senior portraits |
![]() |
| Senior portrait with violin |
Over the last few weeks as school was coming to a close, we had the opportunity to attend concerts (jazz band), awards ceremonies and graduation for Mark. On several occasions, I have had people say to me, "You must be Mark's dad." and then talk about something they like about Mark. What an honor it is to be seen in the glow from such an awesome kid!
Congratulations Mark! We are proud of you. I am proud to be known as Mark's dad.


8 comments:
What a wonderful grandson we have. Thanks for sharing. Congratulations.
Congratulations Mark! That's some list of accomplishments. Sounds like you have a great group of friends as well. Also, you look very handsome in your senior pics. Who ended up taking them for you? I know you were looking for a piano, etc. I hope Mitchell turns out to be like you--even a little bit. I can see why Derek is proud to be your Dad!
Mark you're AWESOME!! (so is your dad!) CONGRATULATIONS!!
Congrats Mark! What a wonderful list! How do you get so smart? I want my kids to be like you too!!! You are such a great example!!!!
We love our Mark! Thanks for being such a super kid! (ask your dad about that) You have accomplished alot in the last few years...looking forward to many more!
Karen, the name of the place that did the senior portraits is called Camera Shy. They were really good (according to Marsha.) There was a sitting fee, but they gave us a disc with all of the photos on it and we can use them as we like. I think we ended up with around 50 photos.
What a wonderful post! Congratulations Mark!
What a remarkable kid. No pun intended. You must be very proud of him, I am, and I'm just the aunt. Congrats!
Post a Comment