Sunday, April 15, 2012

Aspen Grove

For Spring Break our friends the Warrens invited us to Aspen Grove for a couple of days. Aspen Grove is some property owned by BYU. It is up Provo Canyon (Alpine Loop) past the Sundance ski resort. BYU uses it to host parties for many of their camps and clubs. They also rent it out for family reunions and other such activities. We went up Monday and came back Wednesday.

We celebrated Lauren's 14th birthday there. Can you believe she is 14? She is no longer a Beehive.

Cute picture of Lauren with her loot

Lauren and her birthday muffin
There was tons of stuff to do there. Here are some of the activities we did while we were there:

Old fire truck to climb on (Joseph)

Ryan loved playing aerobie on the field

Joseph loved the mini golf

Ryan and Joe playing racquetball. Ryan could have played all day.

Joe also loved playing "pool ball" in the game room.

Ryan lining up the air hockey shot
Some of the activities that we didn't take pictures of:

  • Tennis courts
  • Shuffle board
  • Swimming pool (frozen over this time of year)
  • Disc golf course
  • Swing set
  • Hiking (could see the trail head to Stuart Falls from our room)
  • Several outdoor basketball courts
  • Miniature western town for kids to play and climb
  • Climbing wall
  • The game room had three pool tables, two ping pong tables, two foosball tables and air hockey
  • Conference room with huge TV
  • Craft center (not opened while we were there)
  • High-bounce trampoline (not opened while we were there)
  • Two racquetball courts (one of which could be used for wally ball)
  • Rumor has it that there was a shooting range as well, but I didn't see it.
All of the equipment for the sports activities was provided.


Did I mention that it was in a beautiful alpine setting?
Back of Mt. Timpanogos
It's probably a bit pricey and may not even be available, but anyone for a family reunion there?

We had to high tail it home on Wednesday because Mark had an appointment to get his wisdom teeth taken out.
Mark just after surgery
Marsha said he was really giggly when he woke up from the surgery. Mark has no recollection of that.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Aspen Grove looks amazing! I did check out family reunion stuff there, pricy and more structured than I was looking for but I'm not against revisiting the idea! Looks like fun!

Shannon B said...

Gorgeous setting for a reunion. Sounds awesome. Did you go ice skating on the pool? Great pic of Mark, the poor guy!

karensumpter said...

Ahhh, I miss those mountains...looks beautiful. I've been to a couple of retreats at Aspen Grove--I think it would be a fun place for a family reunion. Ryan and Joe are so cute playing raquetball together. I can't imagine Mark giggley:)

karensumpter said...

Oh, and happy birthday Lauren! When I saw the first picture, I thought it was Marsha.

Stefani said...

I would like to do a family reunion there. With things like racquetball and mini golf, the babysitting is taken care of.

Marsha told me about Mark and his wisdom teeth. I was laughing so hard just envisioning Mark "giggly"

And Lauren, happy birthday big girl. Wish you were here to go to stake dances with Brady.