Thursday, November 19, 2009

If You Build It...

A while ago, I did a blog on Ryan building things. This is a follow up to that blog. Ryan LOVES to build things. He loves Legos. He builds really cool contraptions of his own design. Recently he has found some MegaBlock collections that Mark built in the past. He and I have built a fighter jet (Blue Angels)



and a destroyer.


He also spent quite a bit of time this summer assembling the Rippin' Rocket Roller Coaster - a K'Nex structure that is bigger than he is. We took pictures of the MegaBlock creations, but unfortunately did not get a picture of the roller coaster before it got destroyed. I did find a picture of it when Mark built it in 2003 that I included here.




Ryan has also recently came across an Electronic Snap Kit that we have. It lets you put different electronic components on a board and hook them up to a battery. Depending on the configuration of the components, you can turn on lights, play music, turn a motor, etc. It teaches basics about circuits and lets you learn about switches, resistors, capacitors, transistors, etc. Ryan loves that thing. He has spent hours making circuits. On Saturday I had to tell him to do something else because after two hours of laser gun sounds and sirens, I was getting a head ache.

He's a great kid! We are glad he is in our family.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Wow, a true Lindsey. Remember Steve Lindsey and his fascination with sprinklers? and was it Uncle Richard that took apart a vacuum at age 3? That's great he loves that kind of stuff!

Stefani said...

I was thinking the same thing about "true Lindsey". Apparently all of us here at our house take after the Meyer side (including me) we would rather play with the toys that someone else builds :)

And I thought it was dad that took apart the vacuum.

karensumpter said...

What a smart kid. I love the pictures--he is so adorable!