Sunday, June 28, 2009

Cherries

We have had a cherry tree for several years. Up until this year we would get about 50 cherries off of the tree. This year it went crazy. We had a ton of cherries. We couldn't keep the birds away. We tried hanging CDs in the tree, but they didn't seem to mind them. We looked up other home remedies as well, but they still took their fair share. Even with what the birds ate, we still had tons of cherries. Ryan and Joseph LOVED climbing the ladder to pick them. The second picture is the remainder of the cherries on the last day of picking. It's hard to tell from the picture, but this is a really big bowl. It will hold a gallon and a half of water. We filled it a couple of times to overflowing before this picture. We wish you could have been here to sample them.

4 comments:

Stefani said...

yum! we just planted a couple of cherry trees this year! I can't wait to get a harvest like this! I wish I was there to have a taste, and to see you all, of course.

karensumpter said...

YUM! I'm so sick of paying $6 for a little bag of cherries!

Kristen said...

Dee, you look like a regular farmer! What did you do with all those cherries?

Janet said...

oh yum! you bringing some to the reunion!? jk... those do look good though! can't wait to see you guys soooo soon!